In all the crap going on in my life right now, writing is the one thing keeping me sane–well, writing and Husband, who has been amazing and supportive. He deals with my fears and my little stupid meltdowns and is taking on more of the household responsibilities since standing on the damn boot I have to wear on my broken foot makes my hip hurt. At the moment, my body and I are working at cross-purposes in my life, but as far as I understand it, everything happening with my health is pretty much fixable, so I suppose I should chill and ride it all out. Honestly, I’m kinda ashamed that I’m such a whiny brat about it all when I think of my darling Dee and what she deals with everyday. Remembering her struggle is pretty much all it takes for me to get over myself.
The writing continues, much to my amazement. I’m still getting up every morning and putting in the hour, at least, sometimes longer, depending on when I get started and when Husband wakes up. I’m even doing it here at the lake, which means I’m writing in the bedroom while he sleeps just a few feet away, instead of in my office down the hall at home.
The story is coming along, I guess. Hard to tell because I’m not editing as I write, I’m just writing. Sort of my own version of NaNoWriMo? This is entirely different from my usual M.O. of editing what I wrote the day before when I sit down to work. My poor critique partner is getting pretty raw material right now, but she’s hanging in there. (Merci Cheryl Brooks!) I’m about a third of the way through the story and I actually needed to create a timeline and character list, just to make sure I’m staying on track. There are a couple of things going on with Sarah and I’m working on figuring out what to do next . . . she and Tony need to get started. Hmmmm…
I meant to start a November Gratitude list here on November 1, but it’s me, so I’m starting on November 6 instead. So today’s list has twelve things I’m grateful for since my idea was to list two things each day. Ready? Here we go:
- Beautiful November fall–it’s been crisp and temperate and colorful.
- Husband, without whom I’d be simply tossed around in the sea of mischief that seems to be my life right now. He anchors me.
- My BFFS–life would be impossible without them.
- Sister–I miss her. She’s in CA, drinking wine and visiting her kids and just generally having a better time than I am right now.
- Work–I love my work.
- Geocaching fun with Rich and Moe–sure has been great!
- Knowing what’s wrong with my foot and getting it fixed. The boot is pain, but not as much as the actual pain, so it’s a win.
- Docs who can fix things that are wrong–they make up for insurance companies who rape you.
- The election is almost here–thank heaven. No matter the outcome, at least it will be over.
- The lake, which always settles me.
- Coffee–man, I love coffee.